Monday, February 21, 2011

An Elk

I forgot to show you this guy, hanging out on the airport road last summer. He was there all day, just enjoying the foliage that grows up where the trees have been cleared for roadmaking and mostly ignoring the traffic. We had to whistle and talk to him to get him to put his head up for the photo.

I was going to explain my theory about the brontosaurus here, but I don't want to suggest that I've reached the skinny end of my aviation career. I think my aviation career is rather more like a snake in that respect, but I'll do my best to sort it out. Those of you who know Monty Python can explain this in the comments to those of you who don't.

The telephone interview went okay. Now to see if they call me back with a groundschool date.

7 comments:

Rob said...

Technically there is no such thing as a brontosaurs, the animal you are referring to is the Apatosaurus ;) Just to be picky!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apatosaurus

Sarah said...

It's OK Rob. The brontosaurus theory, which is hers, that is to say, she owns... that is, the next thing someone's about to comment about is her theory. Which belongs to her. And is follows:

Unknown said...

Best wishes on the prospective employment! May a course date come your way soon and, when it does, may the sim be kind to you :-)

Cheers,

Aaron

Ward said...

That's A-N-N-E Elk...

transcript

Anonymous said...

Best of luck with prospective employment.

Fly Safe!!!!

zb said...

Question 1: You told 'em how you can fly planes in really straight lines, like in that cover letter you once wrote about, and they thought that was cool?

Question 2: The noises of the machine guns at the end of the Monty Python story were not produced a) by the guns you dreamed to be in the bulkhead of a plane and b) at the airport, because the elk didn't shut up?

Anyhow. Over here, fingers are crossed.

sdadh01 said...

"Brontosauruses are thin at one end, much much thicker in the middle and thin at the far end again....

I have another theory...."